9a6ecb4cd817595a836c5d68f76e172c

Overwintering

More
#619 by jennyb
jennyb created the topic: Overwintering
I would like to overwinter my princess lilies. They are in a pot and I've brought them inside for now, but I can't seem to find any information about how to overwinter them. Do they need a dormancy period? If so, how long and at what temperature? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
#635 by GrowinGranny
GrowinGranny replied the topic: Re:Overwintering
jenny, I leave mine outside with mulch (zone 8)but like many rhizomous (sp?) plants, they can be brought into a sheltered spot and just kept barely moist, similar to what you would do with fuchsias. Perhaps a garage or an enclosed porch...not too warm but not freezing either. Just check from time to time and make sure they haven't completely dried out. Then when the weather begins to warm begin giving them more light and as growth commences, watering more.<br><br>Post edited by: GrowinGranny, at: 2007/10/13 16:37

More
#637 by jennyb
jennyb replied the topic: Re:Overwintering
Thanks for the reply. I live in Zone 3 (Canada) so I have to bring it inside. I think I'll put it in my basement in a cool corner and then pray alot! I really love the flowers on this plant and it was kind of expensive, so I hope I can keep it alive over winter. Thanks again.:)

More
#2440 by carol palmer
carol palmer replied the topic: Re:Overwintering
cover them with thick layer of mulch, or dig and move to a cold frame or cool basement. In case of container plants outdoor, overwinter them , packing them in large boxes at the center packed full with leaves.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Upcoming Events

View All Events